Once you have decided to adopt the technology you now have to draw up a plan on how you will be using the system. Consider the following;
- How you will fit it onto your regular in-person practice
- Whether you will set up open satellite offices and staff with mid-level providers
- How many hours you will commit to telemedicine
- The amount of time you will save by adopting telemedicine
- How you will be using the telemedicine program-primary care consults, pathology, tele-pharmacy, types of tests, mental health, tele-ICu, and many others.
- Whether the new equipment will work with; existing hospital systems, already installed equipment or network, and visible light images
- Whether you will you the equipment as the hub of the telemedicine practice or you will use it to video conference with some other central location.